Sunday, March 13, 2016

Clouds and Blue Sky








Today Pastor talked about using our gifts. . . for something new and exciting that we can share with others.  This is exactly the direction I have been moving toward this past month.  I have been crocheting dolls for people who need them. . . this is my own pattern. It did take me awhile to come up with it and it probably isn't finished yet. I have made them to give to nursing home ladies and the ill. Every woman needs a doll no matter what age. These Blessings Dolls are especially for the older lady who needs someone to talk with, to confide her hopes and dreams, to be a friend/companion when she is lonely. I've been visiting and realize that so many things have been left behind. One lady had her doll given away by her caretaker and many of her other things before she even knew it. When  she moved into the nursing home she missed them but especially the doll so much.  I felt the need to come up with a Blessings Doll that would, not take her place, but be something else to her. I try to visit at least once a week.

Blessings,
Janet
If you are still talking about what you did yesterday, you haven't done much today. ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment